Siebel Administration > Workflows are Missing in Target Repository, Including File Transfer Workflow
Workflows are Missing in Target Repository, Including File Transfer Workflow
Siebel Workflow - Version 18.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue: Workflow is missing (or blank) in the Target environment.
To solve this issue, copy a vanilla workflow process from the standard repository.
User must copy a vanilla workflow process from the standard/vanilla repository , test and activate it.
Sysadmin engineer explained to user how to import the standard repository, related to a Siebel bug.
Now user needs instructions to copy the vanilla workflow process, publish and activate the workflow process.
You want to copy a vanilla workflow process, e.g., 'File Transfer Workflow', from standard/vanilla repository (known as source) to another repository (known as target)
In Source: Siebel Tools
1. Open the repository, choose Workflow Process in Siebel Objects.
2. Query for Process Name: File Transfer Workflow, to find it. Choose the workflow process, right click the mouse and choose 'Export Workflow Process' to export. It is exported in the File named Transfer Workflow.xml', it is in tools\BIN folder which is the default folder.
In Target: Siebel Tools
3. Create a new workspace.
4. Open the new workspace.
5. Choose Workflow Process in Siebel Objects.
6. Query for Process Name: File Transfer Workflow, to find it. This is the workflow process you want to replace. Rename it to a different name, e.g., File Transfer Workflow - original, you will get a warning message, proceed and click on OK. Make it inactive by checking the Inactive field (Inactive field unchecked is active). Step off the record to save it, and it should show red which means inactive.
7. Right click the mouse and choose 'Import Workflow Process', choose the filename 'File Transfer Workflow.xml', choose the Project, and the workflow process 'File Transfer Workflow' is imported, Version: 0. Status: In Process. Click on Publish button, Status is changed to: Completed. (You can see workflow process Status by clicking View > Windows > Properties Window)
8. Click on Workspace > Checkpoint, Submit for Delivery, and Deliver to main workspace. After successful delivery in main workspace, the workflow process becomes read only in main workspace.
1.Log into application, go to Site Map > Administration - Business Process > Workflow Deployment > Repository Workflow Process.
2. In upper applet, query for Name = File Transfer Workflow, Status = Completed. Choose it and click on Activate button. Wait until it finishes.
3. In lower applet, query for Name = File Transfer Workflow, execute query, 'File Transfer Workflow' is returned in query result, Deployment Status = Active.